Maruti Suzuki Alto To Get New Looks This Diwali (27-Jun-2012)
Maruti Suzuki, country's largest vehicle maker, is looking forward to redo its most popular car - Alto during Diwali this year and has begun with the trial production for new Alto. Along with makeover, the company aims to make it more fuel-efficient and powerful.
The commercial production of the car is expected to begin at the Gurgaon facility late next month. According to the industry, the prices are expected to be between Rs 2.5 - 3.5 lakh. The new model also aims to increase sales for the 12-year-old brand.
The company plans to stop producing the existing Alto model depending upon the demand. New Alto will replace the current 800cc model, while the Maruti 800 and the Alto K10 will continue in the current form.
Maruti Suzuki India reported 4.98% dip in sales to 98,884 units during May, 2012 as compared to 104,073 units in May last year. The domestic sales were down by 4.3% at 89,478 units in May, compared to 93,519 units in the same month last year while, the exports dropped by 10.9% to 9406 units in May, from 10,554 units in the similar month a year-ago.
|Recent Top News News
- RIL, Tata Steel, JSW Steel and Glenmark Pharma may grab investors attention today
- Govt issues new guidelines for API exports to EU
- Ranbaxy, L&T, SAIL, and Srei Infrastructure Finance may witnessed some action today
- Govt reduces withholding tax on FIIs, QFIs interest income to 5% till 2015
- ITC, JSPL, Maruti and Coal India may grab investors attention today
- Reliance Infra, L&T and Jubilant Lifesciences may witness some action today
- Oil Ministry moves Cabinet note to hike gas price to $6.7 per mmBtu
- Infosys, RIL, Coal India and ONGC may grab investors attention today
- Govt to set-up specialist quality control monitors for imported coal
- JM Financials, ONGC, Cairn and GMR Infrastructure may grab investors attention today