Jet Airways Seeks Government Clearance To Reduce Flights (25-Jun-2012)
Jet Airways, India's premier international airline is looking for government clearance to reduce its flights to the northeastern region by about half to stem the losses. It has written to the Civil Aviation Ministry to allow it bring these operations down by nearly 50%, but it has not received any response from the Ministry on the matter.
The airline currently operates a fleet of 101 aircraft, which includes 10 Boeing 777-300 ER aircraft, 12 Airbus A330-200 aircraft, 59 next generation Boeing 737-700/800/900 aircraft and 20 modern ATR 72-500 turboprop aircraft. With an average fleet age of 5.81 years, the airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world. Jet Airways and Jet Konnect have a combined fleet strength of 121 aircraft and operate over 620 flights daily.
Top News Today
Indian generic giant Ranbaxy Laboratories has spent over $300 million to overhaul its operations and ensure no repeat of drug safety violations that led to a multi-million dollar US fine....
With an aim to provide broad based incentive and attract larger foreign institutional investors (FIIs) participation in the debt market, the government has slashed the withholding tax from...
ITC has overtaken Hindustan Unilever (HUL) in branded food and beverages sales, a decade after it entered the business, giving a shot in the arm to YC Deveshwar's ambition of making the cigarette...
International Stock News
Asia pacific stocks are trading lower in early deals on Thursday on signs that the US Federal Reserve could soon start tapering off its massive stimulus measures after Federal Reserve Chief...
The US markets slipped on Wednesday, reversing gains after minutes from the Federal Reserve's latest meeting and comments from the Fed chief suggested the central bank may begin tapering...
Asian markets ended mostly higher on Wednesday, on buyers spree amid renewed optimism about the global economy following recent encouraging data from across the globe, ahead of testimony...
|Recent Top News News
- Ranbaxy, L&T, SAIL, and Srei Infrastructure Finance may witnessed some action today
- Govt reduces withholding tax on FIIs, QFIs interest income to 5% till 2015
- ITC, JSPL, Maruti and Coal India may grab investors attention today
- Reliance Infra, L&T and Jubilant Lifesciences may witness some action today
- Oil Ministry moves Cabinet note to hike gas price to $6.7 per mmBtu
- Infosys, RIL, Coal India and ONGC may grab investors attention today
- Govt to set-up specialist quality control monitors for imported coal
- JM Financials, ONGC, Cairn and GMR Infrastructure may grab investors attention today
- ONGC, Maruti, Kotak Bank and Deccan Chronicle Holdings may witness some action today
- RBI to kick start sale of inflation-linked bonds on June 4